GLAZED SPAM, SPAM, BAKED BEANS, BACON, SAUSAGE, EGG AND SPAM
...With A Parsley Garnish And A Slice Of Spam, er, Lemon
AS DEMONSTRATED BY THE BRITISH EMPORIUM PLAYERS ON TIME WARNER TELEVISION'S "COOKING WITH CAROL"!
SERVES: 1 Small Village or 1 Hungry Viking
For Glaze: Combine 1 cup Packed Brown Sugar, 2
tablespoons Prepared Mustard and ? cup Honey in a
small bowl and set aside.
For Visual Effect: 1 Viking Helmet
1 can SPAM*
1 can Heinz Baked Beans*
Sliced Hovis Bread* for Toast, English butter*
Parsley and Lemon Slices
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Prick bangers with knife and fry in hot oil over a medium heat, turning so that they are nicely browned.
- Put on your Viking Helmet. Open can of SPAM. If you need assistance, ask a passing Viking or manly Man for help. Invert the pressed "meat" onto a plate and cut into slices. Add to the pan with the bacon.
- Brush SPAM slices with glaze. Note: glaze can also be used on the bangers.
- In a separate skillet, fry eggs in oil, sunny side up.
- Open the can of beans and heat in a small saucepan until simmering.
- Toast the bread and spread liberally with butter.
- Find a very posh silver platter and place on it the buttered toast. Top with the beans, glazed SPAM slices, top with bacon and eggs. Garnish with the parsley & lemon, break out into the SPAM song and serve to your hungry peasants or friendly Viking.
Don't like SPAM? Try "SPAM, Beans, Bacon, Sausage and Egg" - it doesn't have much SPAM in it.
Items available at The British Emporium are denoted by an symbol
(Submitted by Lady Spamalot, Queen of the Peasants, who says that this recipe is a favourite of Sir Prancelot of Camelot. Who eats Spam. A lot. )